Associate Mortgage Specialist
- Job Description:
- Mortgage SpecialistDirect to Consumer Online DivisionChicago, ILAre you a driven individual with high standards, are committed to your personal excellence, and serving others? Love talking to people? Have a desire to thrive in a tech savvy environment within the finance industry? Look no further! You are Guaranteed Rate’s next Associate Mortgage Specialist.At Guaranteed Rate we live and breathe to provide the best experience to our clients and employees each and every day. We are fresh, passionate, have tons of energy, and love what we do – provide mortgages with low, low rates and wow our customers with impeccable service.As a sales-driven individual, we get you licensed, provide cutting-edge sales training through our 5-week Liftoff Training Program. Once you hit the sales floor, as a Mortgage Specialist, you will be given qualified leads to help you achieve success and develop into a top loan officer. Your customers are already engaged and excited thanks to our best in class advertising and digital mortgage platform. We provide exclusive leads directly to you! You just jump on the phone and continue the conversation.So back to you, here is what we offer along with what we are looking for:
Oh, and if that isn’t enough, what about some of the perks you earn from working here at Guaranteed Rate and being part of the family:
- Sales or customer service experience - we love you!
- 5-week paid training program that includes the NMLS 20-hour pre-licensing class, onsite in our open concept office.
- Your passions include: winning, being the best, offering great customer service, having fun, learning, growing your career, and having the internal drive all within a fast paced environment and industry.
- Desire to be trained by the best of the best and see your hard work pay off, then this role is for you.
- If you have the desire to be a Top Producer, a member of the President’s Club, or earn a Fancy Trip – then you are driven by competition and success! We want you to obsess about the same things we do and achieve them.
- You’ll report to our talented VP of Mortgage Lending – they know their stuff, they love to coach, see their teams succeed and even teach some of the amazing skills they have from their own experience.
Who Guaranteed Rate is:Since 2000, Guaranteed Rate has been creating a better way to get a mortgage. Today, the company has become the 8th largest retail lender in the country with an A rating from the Better Business Bureau and operations in all 50 states. Nearly a fourth of the top 200 loan officers in America work for Guaranteed Rate1 and they have over 500,000 happy customers and counting2. Guaranteed Rate funded $23 billion dollars in loans in 2016 and more than $100 billion in loans since inception.Disclaimers to include: 1 As ranked among the 400 top producers on National Mortgage News 2017 Top DollarVolume list. 2 Source: Guaranteed Rate’s funded loan data from 2000-2016If this sounds like something you want to be part of then reach out, apply and let’s get the conversation started.
- Our location rocks – right off the brown line at Irving Park. Our home base is a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer, and an open floor plan. Rather than a cubicle life, we work in an open and collaborative environment.
- An in-house café offers breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. We subsidize all meals so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $20 a year. Yes, a whole year! There is also yoga, cross fit, and boxing offered for a very small fee. We want our folks happy, healthy, and feeling good.
- A FREE on-site nurse. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all?
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day and all evening with WiFi, two bars, music, grills, fun umbrellas, a ping pong table, corn hole, and fire pits. All of this is offered when Chicago gives us those non-snow covered days.
- Holiday parties? We got’em!! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employees), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc.
- Inter-office contests like the Great Mac-Off, Chili Cook-Off and Limbo. We always keep you guessing, participating, and wanting more.
- 401k with percentage matching, Blue Cross health care coverage (yup, dental and vision too), short-term disability, life insurance, and even legal assistance (for a small monthly fee)…and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
- Work for the #16 Top 100 Companies to work for in Chicago.