- Job Description:
- Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.What's the Role?Our Business Development Specialists (BDS) are responsible for growing VPs business. The ultimate goal is to convert prospects into active referral partners. Phone and email skills are crucial to a successful BDS as they are responsible for building VP’s database, help develop monthly events, follow up on those events and scheduling business meetings.Responsibilities:
- Idea generation and execution to optimize Guaranteed Rate’s relationship and partnership with the realtor community and working with our Events/Marketing Departments.
- Distinguish best referral partners (A), average (B), and potential partners (C)
- Collaborate with VPs in order to grow their business partners through prospecting, farming, and follow up activities.
- Invite referral sources to networking events via email, phone calls, and printed invites.
- Enter VPs referral partners through Guaranteed Rate’s CRM software.
- Create monthly events in collaboration with our Events/Marketing team.
- Responsible to help VPs add value and growth to annual sales volume.
Why Should I Join?Simply put, there is nothing like setting up your VP’s for success. Teeing them up and assisting in the growth of their business…but don’t let us tell you that, let these testimonials speak for themselves.“I’m enjoying getting acclimated with the biz development program. Thus far my BDS, Arthur, has gotten me some new realtor connections. HE has also been helping me with a marketing campaign that I have been wanting to do for a while. HE has done a ton of research, putting an event together and helping me work on doing a billboard campaign. I enjoy working with Arthur. He is diligent, excited for my success and has a great disposition. Thank you, Jen, for this opportunity.” – Shimmy Braun, IL“I have found the Business Development Program to be immensely valuable. I have started breaking into some new markets and my business development specialist Sean has been incredible at helping me put a plan together for penetrating these new markets. Not only is he great at calling realtors and getting coffee appointments set up with them, he’s also been instrumental in helping me institute a strategy for following and keeping me top of mind with these agents. It’s great to get a meeting with a realtor but if you don’t continue to follow with them they will forget all about you. Sean has helped me immensely with staying disciplined and consistent with keeping my name at the front of their minds. I cannot say enough good things about how impressed I am with Sean and the Biz Dev platform as a whole.” – Drew Boland, CO“You know what I think is the most important in business development: attention and detail and coming up with new ideas. Sean does that, and then we implement them together. He never misses a trick, because he knows that if we do, the relationship with the realtor is over. Great job Sean!” – Mike Nielsen, ILGuaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.
- 2-5 years of real world inside sales experience.
- Excellent communication skills over the phone.
- CRM proficient.
- Need to be well versed in Excel and the Microsoft Suite
- stakeholders, including Guaranteed Rate’s Executive Team, marketing team, technical and product groups, loan officers and real estate agent companies and brokerages.
- Must be able to create trust between realtors and loan officers.